Technical and Selection Data
TECHNICAL SELECTION DATA
Shown below are examples of how to select your power assembly.
1) From the power assemblies section of the GD Rectifiers website, select Single, Three, or Hex Phase assemblies.
2) Choose the specific circuit you are looking for. Example B6U below.
|DWG No||Max Output Cont Amps @ 30C||Max Output Cont Amps @ 40C||Cooling Mode||DEVICE I2T A2S *1000 @TVJ||DEVICE VRRM MAX||Height mm||Width mm||Depth mm||Weight KG|
3) Select device type preference, Isolated or Discrete. Isolated has Earth potential heatsink, Discrete has live heatsink on isolated mounting.
4) Select Dwg No preceded by circuit code using the current rating and ambient temp required. Remember these are maximum values so you should allow your required safety factor.
5) Check the Cooling Mode is correct for your application. NAC = Natural Air Cooled, FAC = Force Air Cooled.
6) Check Device Vrrm is adequate for your application. Higher or Lower Vrrm values are available. Consult sales office, may affect cost / rating. Vrrm requirements can be found in the Form Factor Guide. E.G.. EPR = 1.41 ERMS x2 (safety factor)= Vrrm.
7)Indicate options required, Fuses, Indicators, Micros. Dv/Dt and or Mov suppression. Hi and or Lo Thermal Trips.
You should then end up with a part number like B6U 020259 200A 30C 1200vrrm +FUSES + Dv/Dt + TT. If you simply have specification, please contact the office and our Technical team will help with your enquiry.
For a pdf version of these instructions, please call the office.